Methi Chaman is a North Indian dish that is very rich in flavors perfectly goes with Roti, Pulka, or Parata. Methi Chaman is made with fenugreek leaves which are very good for health in any form in take. Panner is a good source of protein. So this dish is entirely healthy with a bunch of flavors and tastes.
Take a bunch of fenugreek leaves, wash them thoroughly and chop them finely.
Saute chopped fenugreek leaves for 2-4 minutes and keep aside.
- In a deep fring pan add 2 table spoons of ghee and oil.
- Add 1 table spoon of cumin seeds.
- 3 finely chopped onions.
- 5 roughly chopped chillies.
- 1 table spoon of ginger garlic paste.
- 10-15 Cashew nuts.
- Wait until the onions turns golden brown.
- At this stage add 3 chopped tomatoes and saute until the veggies cooks perfectly.
- Turn off the flame and let the veggies cools down completely before you blend them.
- In a mixing jar add the veggies and fenugreek leaves sauted before.
- Make a smooth paste adding some water.
- Again in a deep frying pan, heat some oil and add the blended mixture.
- Add 1.5 table spoons of red chilli powder.
- A pinch of turmeric.
- 1 table spoon of dhaniya powder.
- 0.5 table spoon of garam masala.
- Salt as per your taste.
- 200 gms of grated panner.
- Mix them together under low flame until oil seperates.
- At the end add 1 table spoon of roasted kasuri methi powder to boost up the flavour.
- Garnish it with Coriander and butter.
- Serve it hot with pulka or chapathi.
AUTHOR – AKHILA VEMIREDDY