Gobi Manchuria is an authentic Chinese recipe made with cauliflower that tastes utterly delicious.
There are many ways and styles to cook this dish. Here is a simple and tasty way of doing it.
- Cut 700gms of cauliflower into medium size pieces and wash them thoroughly.
- Add 2 table spoons of maida(all-purpose flour) for binding.
- 3 table spoons of cornflour for crispiness.
- 3 table spoons of besan (gram flour) it brings crispy and nice texture to gobi.
- 1 table spoon of ginger garlic paste.
- 2 table spoons of red chilli powder.
- 1.5 table spoons of salt.
- 1 table spoon of dhaniya powder.
- 1 table spoon of garam masala.
- 0.5 tea spoon of pepper powder.
- Add some roughly chopped curry leaves and chillies.
Mix all the ingredients together by adding some water until the mixture completely blends with cauliflower. Do not make the mixture too tight or too loose. Make sure that the mixture is evenly binded with cauliflower pieces.
Optional Tip : Marinate gobi for at least 1 hour so that the flavors come out to be very good.
Deep Frying Process:
- Light up the stove and pour oil enough to deep fry gobi into a deep frying pan.
- After the oil gets heated drop the cauliflower pieces one by one into the pan.
- Do not disturb the pieces for atleast 2 minutes as the coating may seperate from the cauliflower pieces.
- Fry the cauliflower in medium flame until it turns crisp and brownish red in colour.
- Add 2 Table spoons of oil.
- Add 1 chopped onion.
- 1 chopped capsicum.
- Saute the veggies until they get perfectly cooked.
- Add 2 tables of soya sauce
- 2 table spoons of red and green chilli sauce.
- 1 table spoon of venigar.
- 0.5 spoon of salt.
- A pinch of tasting salt (Optional)
- 2 table spoons of cornflour dissolved in water for the thickness.
- Add 250ml of water and bring it a boil.
- Now add the fried Gobi and toss it on high flame until gobi absorbs all the sauces.
- Garnish it with spring onions and coriander.
- Serve it hot with tomato sauce.
Yummy Gobi Manchuria is now ready!
AUTHOR – AKHILA VEMIREDDY